The Dangers of Drowsy Driving
We all experience being tired while driving from time to time. Maybe you didn’t get a good night’s rest or perhaps you are on the tail end of a long road trip. While most of us don’t think it is a big deal, drowsy driving or driving while you are tired should be avoided as much as possible, especially if you are a driver and work in the transportation industry.
Drowsy driving is a major cause of accidents
Drowsy driving is a major cause of accidents on Ontario road ways. When you get tired, your brain starts processing thing slower and this can result in you having a slower reaction time and it inhibits your ability to make quick, safe, and effective decisions when behind the wheel.
To avoid driving while drowsy it is important that you follow these tips:
- Always get a good night’s sleep, especially if you have a long drive ahead of you
- Make it a point to stop every few hours if you are taking an extended trip
- Make sure that any medications that you are taking does not impair your ability to drive by making you drowsy
- If you don’t feel fit to drive, stay home or make other arrangements
- Know your personal driving limits – don’t push it if you are feeling extremely tired
Gem Limo drivers understand the importance of not driving while drowsy
Gem Limo understands how important an issue drowsy driving is for all drivers. This is why each one of our drivers is aware of the dangers of these driving practices. Our job is to get each one of our customers to their destination in a safe and effective manner.
For more information about what we do to train our limo drivers, feel free to contact us time with your questions.