What we Learned about Limo Safety on Vehicle Fire and Emergency Training Day
With the recent string of limousine fires in California, the entire Gem Limousine team took the day off from behind the wheel in early July to participate in a training session that helped us to become better prepared to handle emergency situations similar to that in California.
We enlisted the help of the Burlington Fire Department’s training staff to educate us on vehicle extrication and emergency procedures. They taught us about the proper use of window hammers, fire extinguishers and other safety equipment used in commercial passenger vehicles.
It was a great day and everyone involved learned a lot about safety for commercial passenger vehicles and limousines.
What where some of the underlying lessons that we learned?
- There is always something to be learned when it comes to vehicle safety.
- Having safety equipment is not enough. Being trained on the safe and proper use of these emergency tools is very important and is a difference maker.
- Drivers and patrons need to be prepared for all situations. You never know something can go wrong and proper training will help drivers manage emergency situations effectively.
- Knowing what to do in case of a limo fire can be the difference between life and death.
- Having vehicles inspected regularly and according to its recommended maintenance schedule can help prevent possible emergency situations.
Gem Limo is dedicated to talking a proactive approach to safety. Each one of our drivers is trained to handle emergency situations and to keep our patron’s safe during their experience with us. For more information please visit the Limousine safety page on our website.
A big thank you to Burlington Fire Department for their training and expertise! We would also like to thank Turtle Jack’s Muskoka Grill Appleby Line for providing lunch.